Full Stack Web Developper
Department : Technology
Type of contract : Job
Location : Toulouse
Pole Star, a pioneer and world leader in indoor geolocation is seeking a full-stack web developer based in Toulouse, France.
The successful candidate must possess a broad set of skills. Additionally, they must be self-driven to improve things as they go along and be able to prioritize.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Integrate Cloud development team which is part of the R&D team
- Participate in effort estimation and development of web applications for Pole Star’s products (design, develop, test, monitor)
- Work closely with system architects and develops engineers to design applications
- Manage deployment of web applications in dev, CI, staging and production environments
Skills and profile:
- 2 to 5 years of experience
- Full-stack developer (back-end, front-end and devops) with good experience using Ruby on Rails (or Django or Symfony or Spring MVC/Hibernate)
- Experience or knowledge in scalability /availability (auto-scaling according to work load, data processing, data modeling et storage) and security of web applications
- Good mastery in software engineering, including principles/good pratice of OO designs and design patterns, good knowledge in software development with experience in TDD and continuous integration.
- You are French or an EU national, you are bilingual French and English.
- Technical skills:
System administration: Linux and basic shell scripting (Ubuntu, CentOS), cloud computing (AWS, Heroku), web administration (Domain names, SSL certificates)
- Web development and deployment tools: version control (Git, Repo), virtualization in development environment (Docker), continuous integration (unit testing framework – CI servers (Jenkins))
- Deployment tools: (Terraform), monitoring tools: (CloudWatch, NewRelic, StatD, Télégraf)
- Back-end technologies: Web servers (Nginx, Unicorn), programming language: (Ruby, NodeJS, Python, Go), database (PostgreSQL, Redis, InfluxDB) ,framework (Ruby on Rails or Django or Symfony or Spring)
- Responsive design
- Web scalability: Database scalability: (DB replication, DB partitioning), background processing (Redis), caching (Redis), search (Elasticsearch), scalability testing tool (Apache Ab or Siege)
- Data queuing / messaging: Streaming (AWS Kinesis), message queue: (RabbitMQ, AWS SQS)
- Data processing frameworks and noSQL database: Knowledge in this area is welcome
- Reports to the R&D Director
Works closely and collaboratively with the IoT, core, mobile team and customer support.
Working Conditions: Job will be based in Toulouse.
About Pole Star:
Pole Star, founded in 2002 and based in Europe (France -Toulouse) and the United States (Los Altos, California), is the pioneer and world leader in indoor location. Pole Star mission is to deliver high performance, scalable and long lasting quality of service to venue owners and mobile solution providers globally. With over 15 million square meters covered by NAO services in more than 25 countries, Pole Star has an impressive customer portfolio including airports, malls, department stores, Office buildings, convention centers and museums along with an extensive, trusted partner network. Pole Star solution includes a set of software tools allowing partners to offer a complete range of location based end-to-end solutions on a multi venue basis, integrating Pole Star’s flagship Product, NAO ® technology.
Send your application (CV + cover letter) to email@example.com indicating the reference of the offer.
The consultation of offers is only available on desktop, thank you for your understanding.
Apply for this offer