The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) is a technical/sales position. You will be responsible for supporting the North American sales team by taking care of the definition of technical solutions during the sales process. The PSE collaborates with sales, ops and R&D teams to ensure the proposed technical solutions accurately addresses customer needs.
We are looking for a self-driven team-mate, learning and improving her/him-self as he/she goes along, capable to prioritize and execute tasks to deliver value to the organization.
This position will be part of the French « VIE » program (Volunteer for International Experience opened to French and European citizens):
Under the supervision of the branch manager, you will be responsible for the day to day relationship with customers and partners in North America. You will work closely with the sales and customer support teams in North America and technical team in Toulouse for pre and post-sales support topics.
What you will do:
• Support the sales team as a technical pre-sales support/consultative role. Work hand in hand with the Sales/Account Manager to identify business and technical requirements of prospective customers and partners.
• Stay up to speed with the NAO© platform.
• Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory.
• Perform technical presentations and product demos for customers, partners and prospects.
• Explore new or existing business opportunities at customers’ end.
• Become a Subject Matter Expert to prospective customers by:
o Mastering Pole Star’s solutions, technology and product specifications relevant to Pole Star’s active verticals.
o Knowing and understanding competition’s solutions, technology and product offering.
• Understand and be conversant about the Company, its solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Contribute to the preparation of technical proposals.
Who you are :
• Telecommunications/Network Engineer: Engineering degree or equivalent; A first successful work experience would be a must.
• Passionate about new technologies.
• Dynamic attitude, positive, rigorous and independent.
• Forward thinker, with a customer centric mindset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills in English is a must. (TOEIC / CEF >>605 /> B2).
• Demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills.
• Strong analytical skills: ability to assess a problem and recommend an effective course of action.
• Experienced in working with prospective customers.
What we offer
• An inspiring and flexible working place at Industrious co-working space in Chicago.
• A great team you can rely on at any time.
• An amazing experience in a major US city.
• The opportunity to be a part of our success overseas.
You will start by a training session on our products at our Toulouse, France – our company headquarters – before leaving for Illinois.
Position available now. Duration 12-18 months depending on experience.